Re: [linux-audio-user] xruns with QJackCtl getting overloaded?

From: Jamie Bullock <jamie@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 13 2005 - 12:10:58 EET

Marije,

There seem to be two problems here, and I have encountered both of them
recently.

1. QJackCtl going into overload: for me this happens if I run a process
that is CPU and hard disk intensive. For example if I do a 'find /
-iname filename' with QJackCtl, Jackd and a jack app running, QJackCtl
will increase its CPU usage until it crashes. Jackd itself, however does
not crash, and keeps running until you send it a HUP.

2. Xruns created by battery polls: I don't know if this is the same
problem that you are experiencing, but I used to run the gnome battstat
applet on my gnome panel. It took me a while to diagnose that this was
causing a lot of xruns, presumably every time it checks the battery
status. You might want to check that you don't have any status applets
running. You might also want to check that you don't have the kacpid
bug (check google for this).

Jamie