[linux-audio-user] realtime-preempt-2.6.11-rc1-V0.7.35-01

From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <eric@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 16 2005 - 06:04:39 EET

I see ingo just posted a preempt patch for 2.6.11-rc1
http://people.redhat.com/mingo/realtime-preempt/realtime-preempt-2.6.11-rc1-V0.7.35-01

How up to date is the wiki regarding the preempt patches?
http://www.affenbande.org/~tapas/wiki/index.php?Voluntary%20Preemption

I haven't updated my kernel since 2.6.9-rc1-bk12-vp-s0. So, I suspect
I'm a bit behind on the implications of various kernel config options
and what /proc and /sys bits to twiddle. Can someone confirm or deny the
  validity of the wiki's data as it relates to the latest patches?

I currently have 2.6.11-rc1-mm1 running and am not pleased. It basically
  works, but I get zipper noises in swh's analogueOsc plugin and a few
xruns from ecasound. I did not have these problems with
2.6.9-rc1-bk12-vp-s0.

I am compiling 2.6.11-rc1-V0.7.35-01 now and will report what I find.

I have a lot of time to test stuff this weekend, including Monday. I'll
also have all next Thursday and that weekend. I've updated my system,
libraries and ecasound and installed all the dependencies for ardour. I
want to get a decently running preempt kernel this weekend so I can
actively join the ardour community as soon as possible.

Thanks everyone,
Eric Rz.

current audiobox configuration:
http://zhevny.com/doc/audiobox_settup