Re: [linux-audio-user] What is the best choice for a pro PCI soundcard?

From: Janina Sajka <janina@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 16 2005 - 18:09:46 EET

Steve D writes:
> On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 07:02:08AM -0500, Joe Hartley wrote:
> >
> > I have a Delta 1010, and absolutely love it. [...]

Does the 1010 mix and resample in hw? Or does it rely on the cpu for
such things?

> ---
>
> Re: M-Audio Delta 1010
>
> I also use and like the Delta 1010. For those considering it, be sure to
> install the very nice "envy24control" program that gives a user a GUI to
> manipulate the mixer and other features and controls of the ice1712
> processing chip that the Delta 1010 uses. (envy24control is contained
> within the alsa-tools package)

I tend to understand this as a "yes" to my question, and that using this
mixer is the means to control hw mixing/resampling. Is that correct?

If so, I wonder if Mario can take a look at this code and report on how
easy it might be to make it accessible.

> envy24control:
> http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php?page=Envy24Control
>
> -sd, nm us
> --
> Standing in judgement of others is a diversion from judging ourselves.
> -Eli Khamarov

Janina Sajka				Phone: +1.202.494.7040
janina@email-addr-hidden		http://a11y.org