Re: [linux-audio-user] emu10k1 multichannel support

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Wed Jan 19 2005 - 02:51:29 EET

On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 11:55 +1100, Shayne O'Connor wrote:
> dear me, thanx a bunch - now for the stupid newbie question ... how in
> heck do i apply this patch?
>
> i'm using fedora core 2 ccrma setup (2.6.10 kernel, 1.0.8 alsa, jack
> etc) but i'm guessing i'd have to forsake my apt-installed alsa and
> compile it from source? that could get a bit messy, what with installed
> dependencies etc ...
>
> how should i go about this? i *so* bad want that kx-style multi-channel
> support :)

Yes, for now the patch is against ALSA CVS. However it doesn't touch
alsa-lib, only the driver, so if you currently have ALSA installed as
modules you can get ALSA from CVS and only build in the alsa-driver
directory. I woukd not expect this to cause any dependency problems.

I will generate a patch against the 2.6.10 kernel source which should
make it easier.

Lee