Re: [linux-audio-user] ams PCM input?

From: Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 19 2005 - 05:20:43 EET

Spencer Russell wrote:

> I was looking at those pickups a while ago, and I can't remember
> if it was the gk-2 or gk-3, but it didn't seem to have actual
> midi output, it had a special format that interfaced with other
> Roland hardware, so I passed. I think that the reason for the
> special pickup was that it had separate transducers for each
> string, but I think that the pitch conversion stuff happened in
> the other gear. It was a couple months ago that I was reading
> about it, so I may be a bit fuzzy.

Yeah, they require the synth module, unfortunately, you can't just plug the
Roland pickup into a MIDI IN on a sound card. THAT would be uber cool...

It looks like Intelliscore also does real-time conversion, so you can control a
MIDI with an analog instrument. Unfortunately, it only runs on Windows.

-- Brett