Re: [linux-audio-user] multiband compression with ecasound and ladspa

From: <eviltwin69@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 19 2005 - 21:23:16 EET
('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:01 , 'Jack O'Quin' <joq@email-addr-hidden> sent:

>Janina Sajka janina@email-addr-hidden> writes:
>
>> Jack O'Quin writes:

>>> Sorry for misunderstanding, Julien.
>>>
>>> No, JAMin has a purely visual GTK-2 graphical interface.
>>
>> So, all may not be lost in terms of an "eyes-free" interface.
>>
>> Julien: Have you tried with Gnopernicus? Or with Orca?
>>
>> I would try this myself, but I'm about to leave for a conference. I'll
>> see if I can get one of the handful of folks who've gotten comfortable
>> with Gnopernicus to take a look. It would be cool if Jammin turns out to
>> be accessible, without anyone knowing it. That is possible because of
>> the use of GTK2. If the widgets used are standard GTK2 it either already
>> is, or could easily be made so by providing object properties data.
>
>> Actually, by using--if you have stuck with--stock GTK2 widgets, you may
>> have already achieved this. Wouldn't that be something?
>
>Yes, it would.
>
>I know we have at least a couple of custom widgets, one for meters and
>one for the hand-drawn graphical EQ.

    The standard graphic EQ was left in for this reason. The only thing that
would then be a problem would be the parametric sliders on the hand-drawn EQ. I
think you can make those meter widgets work with the standard GTK accessibility
stuff (of course, I don't know how ;) I can probably figure out some keyboard
shortcuts for moving and changing the parametric sliders.

Jan