Re: [linux-audio-user] Radio broadcast linux users?

From: Dan Mills <dmills@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 20 2005 - 04:12:50 EET

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 20:57, Ernie Dulanowsky wrote:
> I currently volunteer at a community radio station that uses Windows.
> I'd like to
> try to get them to switch, but it would have to be really painless.
> Are you actually using Linux programs to do logging and such, and if
> so, which programs.
>
> Cheers,
> ernie

The Rivendell project from salemradiolabs feels about 6 months from fitting
the bill for playout,log management, library management and the like.

http://www.salemradiolabs.com/rivendell

I say it feels 6 months away because while there is talk of going for a pre
release beta testing program, they actually have not really gone for a freeze
yet.

I do not know of any music scheduling or traffic scheduling tools that run
directly under Linux, but the plan is for rivendell to be easily able to
import from the common windows formats.

(Disclaimer - I submit lots of bug reports and patches for this, not a
disinterested observer).

Regards, Dan.