Re: [linux-audio-user] emu10k1 multichannel support

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Fri Jan 21 2005 - 20:10:17 EET

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 15:42 +1100, Shayne O'Connor wrote:
> ok, i did that and got the patched alsa working with "jackd -v -d alsa
> -P hw:0,3 -C hw:0,2 -S".
>
> i was able to connect clients such as ardour, muse and fweelin, but none
> of them would record or play - they would freeze when trying to do so
> and refuse to shut down. i've attatched the output from the jackd
> terminal, just in case you can tell anything from it ...
>
> >I am especially interested in
> >any regressions that impact regular PCM playback (the hw:0,0 device).
> >
> well, it is a cavalcade of xruns ...
>
> when i run jackd using the hw:0 device and my usual command:
>
> "/usr/bin/jackd -T -v -R -P60 -dalsa -dhw:0 -r41000 -p512 -n2 -S -i2 -o2"
>
> i get an incessant string of xruns. i've tried changing some parameters,
> but to no avail ... here's the brief output from dmesg:

OK, it looks like the patch is not quite ready for widespread use. I
will take a look at it. It looks like I need to change regular PCM
playback back to use the channel loop interrupt or tweak the timing a
little. It works for me but I do have an intermittent problem with
clients immediately zombifying.

Thanks for testing, I'll let you know when I have an updated patch.

Lee