[linux-audio-user] [OT] Have you ever felt this way about your gear?

From: Curtis Sloan <curtis.sloan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 21 2005 - 22:52:45 EET

Sorry for the OT post, but I thought maybe the LAU crowd would appreciate the following story. True or not, it's good for laugh.

------

(Comment copied from http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=136725&threshold=1&commentsort=0&mode=thread&cid=11421466)

Re:A Piano... (Score:5, Funny)
by mr i want to go home (610257) on Thursday January 20, @04:06PM (#11424155)

I had a lot of friends who were making electronic music back in the mid 90's. This was when an old classic analogue synth from the 70's could be sold for thousands of dollars.

Anyway, this guy I kind of knew had a problem with one of his old synths. In the middle of the night, he would be recording something and it would suddenly start squealing away. You'd walk up to it and it would stop. Turn your back on it and it would start again...all sorts of weird stuff like that.

He was taking loads of e's and acid at the time which maybe why he decided that it had become possessed by Satan. He started loosing a lot of sleep over it - mostly because it would turn itself on during the night and bleep away. One night he couldn't take it any more, and took to it with a sledge hammer. He collected the pieces and burned them with diesel.

We thought that was a bit tragic (it was a great synth), but he was adamant that the Evil must be destroyed.

After that he disappeared for a while. I wasn't quite worried that he might have been kidnapped by the minions of Satan, but I was getting a bit worried. He turned up again a week later. He was fine - much calmer than I'd seen him in a long time. He'd been driving up and down the East coast of Australia, sprinkling the ashes of this damn synth to make sure that it could never reform!
Received on Sat Jan 22 00:15:19 2005

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : Sat Jan 22 2005 - 00:15:20 EET