Re: [linux-audio-user] emu10k1 multichannel support

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Fri Jan 21 2005 - 23:18:22 EET

On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 12:07 -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 11:22 -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
> > On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 18:40 -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
> > > I posted this to alsa-devel but since my previous post on this list
> > > generated a lot of interest, I am just reposting it here.
> > >
> > > As promised, here's an updated patch to add real multichannel playback
> > > support (and improved multichannel capture) to the emu10k1 driver.
> >
> > It was just pointed out to me that this patch disables the wavetable
> > synth. If you need this feature then please wait for the next version.
>
> OK, I have posted a new version which fixes this bug.
>
> http://www.alsa-project.org/~rlrevell/emu10k1-multichannel-v002.patch

Turns out the above patch did not really fix the problems with the
wavetable synth. I have a new patch which should really fix the
problem.

http://www.alsa-project.org/~rlrevell/emu10k1-multichannel-v003.patch

I tested multichannel PCM, regular PCM and MIDI playback all at the same
time and did not have any voice allocation failures.

Some people report that the patch makes their sound unusable, with
massive xrun storms, and also breaks regular PCM playback. Others
report it works fine.

Anyway, people who want to try this can check the above directory. I
won't be posting every new version here, check alsa-devel for updates.

Lee