Re: [linux-audio-user] DeMuDi unusable on widescreen nVidia

From: Jon B <30plxf602@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 23 2005 - 22:34:43 EET

> No. If you want to use DeMuDi, then install AGNULA/DeMuDi. You are asking for
> trouble if you try to install it backwards like this. The main problem you
> are likely to be experiencing with DeMuDi is that it doesn't support
> proprietary drivers, so the nVidia support is limited. PlanetCCRMA/Fedora or
> Mandrake might be more sympathetic to your hardware.

Uh. That's what I did. And it's completely unusable. So I asked if
there is an alternative way to get the same functionality. According
to Agnula:

"Q: Can I install A/DeMuDi over an existing Debian installation?
A: Yes, at least as long as you are running Sarge. Follow the following steps"

http://www.agnula.org/download/demudi/1.2.0-FAQ#Upgrading

And according to something I read somewhere, Libranet can be used as
an (easy) installer for a normal debian system. You just do a
"minimal install" and then dist-upgrade to testing and all will be
perfectly debian. Or so I read. (And can't find it now.) If another
distro like Mepis can be used the same way, that would be good. I've
tried the debian installer by itself and it was a nightmare.