[linux-audio-user] Re: Korg Keyboard running Linux

From: Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 25 2005 - 18:46:05 EET

Have you ever wondered why the new OASYS, Nord Modular G2, etc.
have digital rotary knobs with the LED lights on the base
of the knob? The knobs have a problem: when one does not look at
the knobs from top, the LEDs are hidden by the knob itself and
thus the value may go unseen.

It appears that Euphonix (http://www.euphonix.com) has a patent
on the knob where the LEDs are on the top of the knob (instead
of base). LEDs are always visible.

Why I wanted to tell all this is that prior the patent, when
we had an electronics club at our elementary school, we came
up with this patented knob design -- and we thought and laughed
that it already must have been patented multiple times. Wrong.

I have made an alternative design by now.

Juhana