[linux-audio-user] Re: AacPlus compared to Ogg

From: guerrier <guerrier@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 26 2005 - 22:25:03 EET

aacplus does sound great, even at 32kbs bitrate. It's developed by
Coding Technologies (
http://www.codingtechnologies.com/products/aacPlus.htm ). There is an
article about it on slate ( http://slate.com/Default.aspx?id=2112548&
).
about Licensing--
http://www.codingtechnologies.com/licensing/aacplus.htm I actually
send an email inquiry to info@email-addr-hidden and I am waiting
for a reply.
aacplus is an enhanced MPEG4-audio. it plays in winamp and vlc. Does
it play in xmms and other linux audio players? I guess it shoud.!
guerrier