Re: [linux-audio-user] Music

From: Mark Constable <markc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 27 2005 - 07:06:37 EET

Robert Jonsson wrote:
> The music threads seems to have died of for the moment,
> we can't have that can we? :)

Yer right, can't have that.

> I've uploaded some more music at: http://spamatica.se/music/
> I guess it would suffice to say that I lack direction ;-P ...
>
> Last added are (as the dates suggest):
> Last Warning - A short techno tune
> Make it another day - Strange, slow guitar rock
> Dawn in Paradise, Some kind of slow motion synth...whatever...it's just music
>
> All was done with MusE + various other softwares, Jamin etc.
>
> Hope you like them!

Good stuff Robert and thanks for the link. A suggestion
if you don't mind... if you set up your music also as
m3u files then some of us with broadband could stream
them as well. I use this simple script to create m3u's...

# cat mkm3u
#!/bin/sh
[ "x$1" = "x" ] && echo "Please provide base URL for ogg/mp3" && exit 1
for i in $(find -name "*.mp3" -o -name "*.ogg" | cut -b 3-)
do
    echo "$1/$i" > $i.m3u
done

and then you could simply cat all the *.m3u's together
to a file called something like All.m3u and you have
your own streaming show!

--markc