Re: [linux-audio-user] LAU podcasting

From: Mark Constable <markc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 27 2005 - 14:59:22 EET

omjn wrote:
> Can you point me in the direction of any of these aggregators or sites?

A definition and background...

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podcasting
 http://www.wired.com/news/digiwood/0,1412,65237,00.html
 http://www.bloggercon.org/2004/09/27
 http://www.feedforall.com/podcasting-tutorial.htm

various aggregators...

 http://www.ipodder.org/
 http://audio.weblogs.com/
 http://ipodderx.com/
 http://www.podcastingnews.com/
 http://www.digitalpodcast.com/

even commercially orientated...

 http://www.podcastexpo.com/
 http://www.podcastgear.com/
 http://www.createyourpodcast.com/ (yuk!)

a recent (like month ago) spin-off podcast "invention"...

 http://feeds.feedburner.com/SoundseeingToursPodcast

and the home of the "prince of podcasts" himself...

 http://www.curry.com

> I'm currently getting feeds from MP3Blogs and the Internet Archive open
> source audio directory, but I think this is not quite what you have in
> mind. I'm thinking it might be kind of fun, so I'll see what I can come
> up with in the next couple of days. Especially as I set up the rest of
> my studio, it might be interesting to podcast the process as a narrative.

Please please do it, this is exactly the kind of thing
that would be fascinating... at least for me, can't
speak for anyone else around here.

> Call it the "adventures in linux audio" channel or something similarly
> daggy...

Perhaps a "sound seeing tour" of the birth (or rebirth)
of your studio... YES, t'would be excellent.

> Anyway, if you give me some directions as to where I can 'plug in' to
> the scene, so to speak, it might sway me one way or the other.

Any of the mp3's on this page are pretty good examples
of the genre... be warned that some podcasts are "not
safe for work".

 http://live.curry.com/

--markc