Re: [linux-audio-user] ALSA drivers don't stick...

From: Erik Thorsson <ethorsson@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 28 2005 - 18:21:49 EET

I tried removing both of those modules in turn, but it didn't fix the
problem. In fact, now when I run alsaconf it can't even detect my
soundcard. :)

I assume there is some kind of modules database and when I moved the
modules out of their normal place, they were removed from this database.
  I just need to add them back in, right?

How do you do this on Debian?

I could just apt-get ALSA all over again, but I'd rather understand the
problem and how to fix it for the next time it crops up.

If anyone could assist, I'd be grateful.

Thanks!

-E

P.S. Also, neither insmod nor modprobe were successful for loading the
kernel modules manually.