Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [Jackit-devel] Re: [linux-audio-user][ANNOUNCE] jack_convolve-0.0.1

From: Erik de Castro Lopo <erikd-lad@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com>
Date: Mon Jan 31 2005 - 05:43:55 EET

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:22:02 -0600
"Reuben Martin" <MartinR@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Forgive my ignorance, but is there any significant difference in the
> sound produced by this complex convolve and BruteFIR's half-complex
> convolve? (I'm speaking in a theoretical sense rather than comparing the
> actual implementations.)

There shouldn't be. There are however significant savings (approx 50%) in
computation with the half complex version.

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
"I could never learn to use C++, because of the completely overwhelming
desire to redesign the language every time I tried to use it, but this
is the normal, healthy reaction to C++." -- Erik Naggum