Re: [linux-audio-user] SimulAnalog Guitar suite VST plugin

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Mon Jan 31 2005 - 17:16:32 EET

On Monday 31 Jan 2005 14:51, Pasi Karppinen wrote:
> Anyone tried this promising free VST plugin under Wine?
> http://www.simulanalog.org/guitarsuite.htm

Nice! I'd never heard of this before. I've just downloaded the zipfile
and tried all the plugins out in Rosegarden using dssi-vst.

They all worked fine while in use. Only problem is Rosegarden usually
got kicked from JACK just after loading them. (That has surely got to
be a bug in dssi-vst -- I'll investigate. Rosegarden reconnected
itself afterwards and I was always able to continue, but this meant I
wasn't able to use them in a host that doesn't auto-reconnect, like
jack-dssi-host.)

I can't comment on their faithfulness, but there are certainly some damn
good sounds there. CPU usage is very reasonable too.

Chris