Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] problem with jack_fst + qjackctl

From: Dave Phillips <dlphilp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 18:30:42 EET

Rui Nuno Capela wrote:

>Better yet, it would be nicer if you can rebuild qjackctl from source with
>full debug information (./configure --enable-debug) and repeat the gdb
>session and post the bt output to me.

Hi Rui:

  I built from the source tarball and removed the Planet C version (via
synaptic). However, when I attempt using gdb, here's what happens:

[dlphilp@email-addr-hidden dlphilp]$ gdb /usr/local/bin/qjackctl
GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (5.3post-0.20021129.18rh)
conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux-gnu"...
(gdb) r
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/qjackctl
[New Thread 16384 (LWP 7839)]
Warning: no locale found: /usr/local/share/locale/qjackctl_en_US.UTF-8.qm
[New Thread 32769 (LWP 7840)]
Can't attach LWP 7840: Operation not permitted
(gdb)

  I'm not very familiar with gdb + threaded apps, so any pointers will
be appreciated. :)

Best,

dp