Re: [linux-audio-user] usb-usx2y driver

From: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 02 2005 - 17:05:57 EET

Mark Constable wrote:
> Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> >> configure: error: Unknown soundcard usb-usx2y
> >
> > Is this a 64-bit machine?
>
> Yes it is, and Gentoo is the distro FWIW.
>
> I didn't think 64-bit'ness would have anything to do
> with this kind of issue otherwise I'd have mentioned it.
>
> What's the connection between a 64-bit machine and an
> ALSA driver that does not seem to be visible to the
> configure script (via emerge alsa-driver) ?

The alsa-kernel/usb/Kconfig file says:
| config SND_USB_USX2Y
| tristate "Tascam US-122, US-224 and US-428 USB driver"
| depends on SND && USB && (X86 || PPC || ALPHA)

AFAIK the restrictions are intended to prevent running on
architectures that don't support DMA mappings in the way this driver
uses them. However, there shouldn't be much of a difference between
x86 and x86-64 in this regard.

You could try to replace the depends line with

        depends on SND && USB

and then recompile the driver (see "Compilation from CVS sources" in
the INSTALL file).

HTH
Clemens