Re: [linux-audio-user] Voiceover project

From: Brett W. McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 02 2005 - 23:31:33 EET

Jon Morin wrote:

> Thanks for the tip. Is it true that you need to convert to Quicktime
> first, though? If that's the case, I might try to hack something up
> using other tools rather than muck with Quicktime (not a fan). I'll
> check out the application, though, thanks.

Yes, you do need to convert to Quicktime first, using the codec of your
choice (except ones that don't work under Linux), there are Linux tools
that can do this for you. Kino can convert digital video into Quicktime
also -- but if it's an MPEG you can use other tools to do it since I
don't think Kino can handle MPEGs directly.

--
Rule of Feline Frustration:
         When your cat has fallen asleep on your lap and looks utterly