[linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] Aqualung 0.9beta4 released

From: Esben Stien <b0ef@email-addr-hidden-stien.name>
Date: Thu Feb 03 2005 - 16:18:43 EET

oliver oli <smoerk@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> Is it possible to remote control the player (via OSC or
> Telnet, XML-RPC or some other interface)?

Midi control is an absolute requirement for me

> btw, why is the first and most important feature of most audio players
> skinability? ;-)

Both a non-interactive shell interface and a interactive shell or
ncurses interface is also a requirement for me, but a gui should also
be available when others use the computer.

mpd, http://musicpd.sf.net is just up my alley, but it lacks jack
support for the time being. It has gapless playback, though.

I also need to live mix and mpd doesn't fill that requirement yet
either.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef@email-addr-hidden-stien.name
http://www.esben-stien.name