Re: [linux-audio-user] Ardour in linux Journal....AGAIN...

From: Jamie Guinan <guinan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 04 2005 - 18:41:38 EET

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Timothy Alan Gorman wrote:

> Just got my march issue.. ARDOUR on the cover.. YEAH BABY YEAH....
> but there is some confusion..
> the author writes that the m0audio delta66 has "12" input channels.. ?
> (page 65 under the qjackctl image)
> I don't get it.. are they digital inputs?
> I thought them-audio had 4x4 ...?

As I understand it, the 4 analog inputs + 2 SPDIF inputs divide into 2
channels (left/right) each, so you could record 12 tracks at once. But
you could also think of it as 6 channels with left/right pan on each.

I seem to remember reading that the audio capture always comes over the
PCI bus as 12 channels, but alsa's plughw can reduce it to 2.

-Jamie