Re: [linux-audio-user] SoundBlaster Live

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 00:03:34 EET

On Sunday 06 February 2005 22:50, Angela Day wrote:
> This is what dmesg produced:
<snip>
> snd_emu10k1: disagrees about version of symbol snd_pcm_period_elapsed
> snd_emu10k1: Unknown symbol snd_pcm_period_elapsed
> snd_emu10k1: Unknown symbol snd_ac97_write
> I have no idea how to respond to this information. Any help would be
> greatly appreciated.

This seems to me (I am not an alsa expert) as if the version of the running
kernel and the version of the kernel these modules where build for doesn't
match.
If you compiled the alsa-driver-modules yourself, are you sure /usr/src/linux
pointed to the sources of the running kernel?

Arnold

--
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the
Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be