Re: Book (was Re: [linux-audio-user] Multi-Band compression)

From: Joseph Dell'Orfano <fullgo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 08 2005 - 05:41:28 EET

I would recommend David Franz's book "Recording and Producing in the
Home Studio: A Complete Guide" available from Berklee Press.

http://www.berkleemusic.com/store/product?product_id=1632167&category_id=6

This is a basic guide to producing and engineering with enough advanced
stuff to keep you interested. He covers tracking, microphones, editing
and mixing. This is definitely a generic book, so you don't need
protool$ to get through it. When I read this book, it also highlighted
how powerful my PlanetCCRMA setup is!

-Joe D