Re: [linux-audio-user] Sound servers conflict

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Wed Feb 09 2005 - 00:03:17 EET

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 22:35 +0100, Christoph Eckert wrote:
> > The
> > problem is that this software mixing is not automatic or
> > transparent to the user, it requires the composition of a
> > small script (called .asoundrc), less long than this email
> > but of apparently such awesome complexity that normal users
> > faint with horror at the prospect.
>
> I heard rumors that the next Fedora release will configure
> DMIX per default. Sounds promising.

Wow, because ALSA configures it by default now.

I have nothing against Red Hat, they make a great server OS, but they
have never contributed anything to ALSA development. Consider this the
next time you wail and gnash your teeth and wonder why it's so much
easier to get a web server up and running than a working desktop with
audio.

Lee