Re: [linux-audio-user] ld10k1 - success stories?

From: Shayne O'Connor <forums@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 09 2005 - 01:13:54 EET

Lee Revell wrote:

>On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 23:54 -0500, John Check wrote:
>

>>It crashes kmix when things change but IIRC you get the AC97
>>section + whatever you define in alsamixer (or aumix, what have you)
>>IOW you can apparently define the whole signal path
>>

>I would like to develop a hardware specific mixer for the emu10k1 using
>ld10k1 as the backend. The generic OS provided mixer facilities will
>never work well for this card because the control space is flat. Please
>mail me if you are interested this project, especially if you know
>anything about GUI programming (I don't).
>
>Lee

this is *desperately* needed ...

in my travels, i found the gemu mixer (http://www.roadfeldt.com) which
is described as thus:

> Gemu is a gnome application designed to control sound cards based on
> the EMU10K1 platform by Creative Labs <http://www.creative.com>. I am
> not trying to develop an application that gives an overly aggresive
> ability to change every little aspect of the sound card. Rather I am
> trying to make an app that gives you control what you hear and where
> it comes from, in a simply manor. I thought a more simplified approach
> was best. Honestly, how often do you want the left channel of the
> digital output of the cd-rom to go to the right channel of the
> headphone jack? I didn't think so. This is why gemu gives you control
> over both left and right channels when you select an source or a
> destination.

hmmm ... not sure about the author's assumptions on what one would want
to do in regards to routing, though :\

i haven't been able to get this working, though - just get a segfault
when trying to launch it - so i don't know how far it goes to making
emu10k1 card options clear.

i would be interested in helping with some of the graphic design needs
of any gui, and anything else i can get my head around ...

if anyone on the list has some links to info on how to build User
Interfaces/GUI's, it would be much appreciated!

shayne