Re: [linux-audio-user] Decent reverb, and DSP in hardware?

From: Esben Stien <b0ef@email-addr-hidden-stien.name>
Date: Wed Feb 09 2005 - 14:27:58 EET

Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden> writes:

>> > Most of them seem to be free software (there is a restriction
>> > that you need Eugene's permission to use the DSP code in a
>> > commercial product).
>>
>> This is a restriction that does not exist with free software.
>
> This depends afaik on the license you use. As far as I remember the
> GPL allows using the code in commercial products

Free Software, as in the definition by the FSF, does not have a
restriction where you need to ask the author about using the code in
commercial software. There is nothing wrong with libre/free software
being commercial. Don't confuse proprietary and commercial.

> with making the changes public as LGPL is somehow changed.

I don't understand this statement..!

> Wether it was more close or more open I don't remember...

Not this either..!

--
Esben Stien is b0ef@email-addr-hidden-stien.name
http://www.esben-stien.name