[linux-audio-user] HDSP & amixer: What's Changed?

From: Janina Sajka <janina@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 12 2005 - 21:35:10 EET

Something about amixer's control of the HDSP Multiface has changed. And,
I can't seem to hack how to fix things. Please help!

I used to use the simple bash script (as published in Linux Journal)

#!/bin/bash
for i in $(seq 1 18);do
                amixer cset name=Chn,index=$i 32768
        done

to set all the channels to unity, but this script no longer works. I
get:

amixer: Control default cinfo error: No such file or directory

Meanwhile, my hdsp is definitely clipping and I can't quite tell where
to tweak it.

alsamixer is also no longer available, gives an error:

No mixer elems found

This is with Fedora 3, so alsa 1.0.6 and the alsa-firmware tools
(hdsploader, hdspconfig, hdspmixer).

PS: hdspmixer is not accessible to me because I need an eyes-free
interface.

I suppose knowing where/how to tweak the hdspmixer default presets might
do it??

Thanks for any help.
Janina