Re: [linux-audio-user] My First Linux Song

From: Noah Roberts <nroberts@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 14 2005 - 07:51:00 EET

Andres Cabrera wrote:

> Hi Shayne,
> Line outs from amps usually give a very thin crappy signal. You'll do
> much better miking the amp.

I tried to use the 'Slave out' of my Soldano into the mic in of my mixer
to record and man did it sound like shit. My cousin came out and showed
me the angle the mic trick and I think it picked it up pretty good. It
definately sounds better miced. I guess much of the sound I love in
this amp is the power circuit and speakers.

When looking at the sound of an amp you have more than just the line
signal you are hearing. You are hearing the preamp, the power amp, the
speakers, the cabinet, etc... Cutting things out of that makes a
different sound. In fact the speakers and cabinet are one of the most
affecting parts of the whole amp, alter them and you have a totally
different sound.

--
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful - and so are we
They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people - and neither do we.