Re: [linux-audio-user] Studio to go! Linux app

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 17:27:34 EET

On Tuesday 15 Feb 2005 15:14, Chris Cannam wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 Feb 2005 15:07, David Baron wrote:
> > You can start with knoppix or debian and then install all this
> > stuff yourself.
>
> Yes, you can certainly try.

Sorry, that sounds needlessly confrontational. But it's not all that
easy to do -- in no way is this simply a case of taking an operating
system base and installing some packages.

It's really because we've had so much trouble getting Rosegarden out for
people to use properly, and because our users have found so many things
to deal with on the way, that we thought of doing this in the first
place. And it certainly passes the "but would _I_ want to buy this?"
test.

Chris