[linux-audio-user] SysEx data & OSS emulation

From: Christoph Eckert <mchristoph.eckert@email-addr-hidden-online.de>
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 22:55:20 EET

Hi,

since the first tests while developing Sysexxer, which
unfortunately uses /dev/midi instead being an ALSA sequencer
client, I saw a thing which still remains.

When receiving a complete sysex bank from the Access Virus,
the first three bytes are sometimes missing.

This does not depend on sysexxer, but also appears when I do a
cat /dev/midi > sysexfile.syx

I'm using an Edirol UM-1S, a one in one out USB2MIDI device
with Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.6
(Sun Aug 15 07:17:53 2004 UTC). Compiled on Jan 26 2005 for
kernel 2.6.10ce (SMP).

I have disabled all OSS stuff in the Kernel config, and I even
ensured that the OSS USB-MIDI driver is disabled there.

Did anybody else make this experience? Anyone else using
SysExxer?

A Friend politely wrote SysExxer for me. Unfortunately, he was
not that familiar with ALSA so he prepared a second sound
system in the code but he denied to write the ALSA code.

Someone here who'd like to add the missing code (in the hope
this fixes the problem above)?

 Best regards

    ce