Re: [linux-audio-user] Studio to go! Linux app

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Wed Feb 16 2005 - 18:41:19 EET

On Tuesday 15 Feb 2005 18:55, Bengt Gördén wrote:
> As you are one of those who is behind the Studio to Go I would like
> to ask something. I've spent some time with my Acer Ferrari 3000 to
> install ardour and stuff upon Gentoo.

Our experience has been that Acer laptops generally have a pretty bad
ACPI implementation but usually behave OK with ACPI switched off, at
least for moderate latencies. STG has a boot option to tell it to do
not-always-desirable stuff to reduce latencies where possible, and one
thing that does is switch off ACPI.

For soundcards PCMCIA is often the best option. For a budget-ish
option, I use and recommend the Echo Indigo I/O -- though it's only
useful if you don't usually need more than one stereo input or output.

Chris