Re: [linux-audio-user] SysEx data & OSS emulation

From: Christoph Eckert <mchristoph.eckert@email-addr-hidden-online.de>
Date: Wed Feb 16 2005 - 23:27:09 EET

Hi,

> The USB MIDI protocol has three sysex bytes per packet, so
> it seems the first packet gets dropped for some reason.

ah, interesting info.

> If you're using a UHCI(?) controller

I find

ohci_hcd 23560 0
ehci_hcd 34692 0
ohci1394 35716 0
ieee1394 312376 2 eth1394,ohci1394
uhci_hcd 35216 0

To be honest, I do not know if I really need both uhci and
ohci; I guess not?

> and this happens the
> first time you're receiving data after having unloaded the
> driver before, this may be a bug in the kernel.  A
> workaround would be to reload the USB drivers(s), too.

I'll do some tests the next days. Maybe I'll wait because I
just ordered a new USB-MIDI-Patchbay and I'd like to do the
tests with it, so I can ensure it does not depend on my
current Edirol UM-1S.

 Best regards

    ce