Re: [linux-audio-user] alsa problems

From: tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 13:55:30 EET

Last Thursday 17 February 2005 03:27, vector was like:
> ok ill give the move the sound card a try,

> and maybe do an apt get
> update and upgrade with the "gaim url" removed from the sources. list.
> Ill then re run alsaconf and see if it fixes itself

With all due respect, It probably won't fix itself in much the same way as it
won't break itself while you're not looking. This is Debian, it's largely up
to you to break it and fix it. :-]

> as for >>>>>
>
> you may adress this question to  "AGNULA user forum"
> <users@email-addr-hiddenso they can help you demudi and agnula is
> almost the same thing right now)
>
> <<<<<
> to be honest in an effort to get linux  and audio and ardour and jack
> and and and  to work I have come across a barrage of possible forums,
> distros patchs, kernels, fiddles and such. None of this "ocean of info"
> helps little me in my dingy (which has a leak) and who cant even see
> over the next rolling wave.

Um actually, this was a _very_ good piece of advice.  "AGNULA user forum"
<users@email-addr-hidden> is the ONE place you _should_ go for DeMuDi support.
We do understand how confusing it can be, that's why we are trying to point
you to the shortest path.

AFAICT all you need to do is configure ALSA at this stage.

cheers

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk