Re: [linux-audio-user] Maximum saturation without clipping

From: Mark Constable <markc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 13:40:24 EET

Michael Schnake wrote:
>>are not part of Gentoo portage. Are you aware of a Gentoo
>>ebuild for tap-plugins and tap-reverbed ?

> They are available via Gentoo portage as package
> media-plugins/tap-plugins. Not that hard to find ;-)

Yes indeed. I was inside media-sound/ at the time and was
not even aware of media-plugins/ section. There is no sign
of tap-reverbed as an ebuild though.

I've just spent 1/2 an hour with TAPs Scaling Limiter and
it looks, and sounds, like it's doing exactly what I was
after. Perhaps some of the other limiting options also
work but this one just seemed to do what I expected, and
so simple with just two controls.

Thank you Tom Szilagyi and looking forward to exploring
your other plugins, particularly the Reverberator.

> BTW if you are interested in more Gentoo specific issues feel free to
> mail me directly or open a thread on forums.gentoo.org. Let's keep
> LAU clean (as some Gentoo'ers already have kind of bad reputation for
> their tendency to start discussing distro specific issues (or just to
> talk big about it) on any list they happen to be subscribed to ;-)

I am becoming increasing convinced that Gentoo is the best
option for linux desktops, especially AMD 64-bit, so yes,
thanks for rescuing me before I get castrated :-)

--markc