Re: [linux-audio-user] US428 Channels 3 and 4

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 21 2005 - 11:05:32 EET

Spencer Russell wrote:
> I'm using jackd 0.99.50, which I thought had Rui's usx2y patch.
> Perhaps I need to patch something manually?

Is this about having 4 playback ports on the jackd alsa_pcm backend driver?

To speak the truth, I've never seen such a setup, either with the (my) new
alsa driver (from jackd 0.99.42) nor with karten's original one. But
that's probable, due to the fact that I own a US-224, and I'm happy with 2
channels which, I repeat, its what I ever seen.

BTW, shouldn't the US-428 have 8 playback channels, the US-224 have 4, and
finally 2 for US-122?

Karsten, would you kindly checkon whether this makes sense? Is there
anything (that I) left behind? Things to check are about:

- using standard "alsa" driver code-path against "hw:N"
- using (my) experimental "alsa" driver against "hw:N,2" (rawusb)
- using yours original patch for the "usx2y" driver against "hw:N"

and see if whether there is any difference regarding the number of
channels for the US-428. IMO the correct number of channels should be
present on ALL of the above.

Feel free to point out if I did any mistake ;)

Cheers.

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@email-addr-hidden