Re: [linux-audio-user] [music] [metal] New song: Undecided

From: Robert Jonsson <rj@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 21 2005 - 22:43:13 EET

Hi,

måndagen den 21 februari 2005 12.39 skrev james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net:
> On Sun, 20 Feb, 2005 at 06:31PM +0100, Robert Jonsson spake thus:
> > Hi,
> >
> > All worked out I needed some revitalisation so I made a song last night.
> > :) No psycho-analysis of the lyrics, please, I'm afraid what might come
> > of it ;).
> >
> > The tune is called Undecided and it's about a car crash...I think. It's a
> > kind of modern metal tune with spoken song, no idea what genre it would
> > be put in.
>
> Well, whatever genre it is, I like it.
>
> One thing I'd recommend is adding a little more detail to the drums.
> Especially those sections that have the snare on every beat - maybe
> some twiddles at the end of a bar?

Yeah, that would be a good idea. If I do another round with this song I'll
probably work on the drums.

Actually I have been experimenting a lot with dynamics to make the drums more
interesting, f.ex.
http://spamatica.se/music/spamatica/default/spamatica_-_makeitanotherday.ogg

Not that I'm particularily satisfied with those drums... I'm not good enough
to make it swing yet... (or lack of patience... I'm the Ed Wood of recording
engineers...)

With Undecided I started with a very basic beat and I didn't change it much
since it worked very well. (Much to my surprise)

> Sounds good, though. I hated the drums at the very beginning, but
> then they changed and I like the effect.

Hehe, I guess that was part of the plan ;) Though I was aiming for a more
electronic beat for the intro... for some reason I changed it.

> Well done.

Thanks :) Makes me wanna record more!

/Robert

--