[linux-audio-user] Weird error using vstserver

From: Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 24 2005 - 05:06:16 EET

Hi all,

I was just wondering whether anyone had an idea what could be done with the
following error:

1) I start vstserver (all is installed fine from Thac's rpms on Mdk 10.0
box)
2) I get the usual info about trying to re-run the vstserver if it hangs for
40 secs or if it continually tries to reload the same plugin
3) The next message is something like this (sorry currently away from my
Linux box):

Trying to load NorthPole.dll
wine: L"E://whatever-path/NorthPole.dll" is not an executable

and keeps retrying approx. every 10 seconds.

Obviously following the initial advice I try to restart vstserver, but no
matter how many times I try it keeps failing in the same way.

Vstserver version is 0.3.1. Wine is ~April 2004 (whatever Thac has).
Jack_fst works just fine. $VST_PATH is properly set.

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

Best wishes,

Ivica Ico Bukvic, composer & multimedia sculptor
http://meowing.ccm.uc.edu/~ico/