[linux-audio-user] Problem with multiple card installed

From: Michele Spinolo <michele.spinolo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 24 2005 - 13:01:12 EET

Hi guys,

I'm running a system based on PlanetCCRMA FC1 2.4.26 kernel, with 2 Terratec
EWS88D and 1 Terratec EWS88MT installed.
This system is connected to a source which is capable of sending audio data
on 3 stereo s/pdif coaxial cables, wich are plugged into s/pdif coax inputs
of my 3 cards.
The three s/pdif cables should be synched: in fact the s/pdif transmitter is
only one for all 3 s/pdif outs on the source.

Now I use this system for real time convolution running BruteFir: everything
runs fine while I use only one card, but when I run convolution on more than
1 card I got some "clicks" on output.
These "clicks" are often releated to not clock synched cards, but they
should be synched: they are setted to get sync signal on s/pdif input.

EWS cards allow to set a master card and up to 3 slave cards, where slave
cards get sync signal from the master card: unluckily this is not possible
under Linux, but only under windows.

So I was wondering if someone could give a hint to try to solve the problem
before I keep the solder in my hand and try to follow this guide:

http://www.djcj.org/LAU/quicktoots/toots/el-cheapo/

Thanks!
Michele