Re: [linux-audio-user] SooperLooper 1.0.0beta28 released

From: Martin Habets <errandir_news@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 25 2005 - 10:34:01 EET

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 10:04:41PM -0500, Jesse Chappell wrote:
> > > See SL's OSC api at http://essej.net/sooperlooper/doc_osc.html
> >
> > This page is empty. But never mind: I've got the source!
>
> The page should not be empty. What browser? It uses CSS, but
> non-compliant browsers should render something. Here's a link to
> the text version of the contents:
> http://essej.net/sooperlooper/OSC.txt

Hmm, it's okay now. And realy usefull stuff too! Not sure what went
wrong.

I have created an interpreter for sooperlooper based on the perl OSC
module. You can find it on:

        http://www.mph.eclipse.co.uk/pub/linux/slsh

Pretty much everything is implemented, and it can run in batch mode
or interactively. Hope you find it usefull.

There is one sooperlooper related issue I came upon: after the first
/loop_add, /load_loop every next /loop_add, /load_loop would give an
error from /load_loop like:
  file is too long for available space: file: 256994 free: 0
Seems to be some kind of temporary memory problem. I worked around it
by throttling /loop_add to once a second at most, but it does slow
things down a lot (line 388 in slsh).
Any idea what is going on here?

Thanks,

--