Re: [linux-audio-user] upsampling wav's - ardour sessions

From: R Parker <rtp405@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 26 2005 - 20:01:40 EET

Hi,

> >You've already got libsndfile installed which
> includes
> >sndfile-resample. I'm not sure if you can convert
> the
> >rates, start jack at the new rate and open the
> Ardour
> >session without having Ardour complain.
> >
> well. In fact, ardour *complains* with warnings. How
> can I avoid it?

It's complaing because you haven't resampled to the
new rate. I'm trying to think of the easiest way for
you to create a working session with the new sample
rate but I'm not sure if it'll work.

I suggest, making a backup of the current session and
then 'cd sessionname/sounds' and convert the sample
rates from 44100 to 48000 with 'sndfile-resample -to
48000 inputfilename.wav outputfilename.wav'.

The remaining problem is that sndfile-resample can't
output with the same name of the input file so you
have to manually 'mv outputfilename.wav
originalfilename.wav' which is the filename that's in
the Ardour session file somename.ardour.

Maybe the way to test this method is to create a
simple Ardour session at 44100 and with one track.
Then do the above to that session. If it works, great.
At least you'll know what's gotta happen. If you've
gotta alot of sessions to convert then it might be
worth the time to do some scripting.

ron