[linux-audio-user] MIdisport 8x8 simply working

From: Christoph Eckert <mchristoph.eckert@email-addr-hidden-online.de>
Date: Thu Mar 03 2005 - 20:35:52 EET

Hi,

how boring: I simply plugged it in and all ports appeared in
aconnect.

OK, OK, I have installed all necessary software one day
before ;-) .

Anyway: That's really cool. Thanks to all developers,
especially the ALSA team, Takashi Iwai for the famous
snd-usb-driver and of course Clemens Ladisch for his work on

Thanks!

One question: The midisport 8x8 can be used as a programmable
patchbay in offline use. I used the windows driver panel to
set it as desired. But of course I'd like to do this using
Linux.

In ALSA, there appeared two additional control ports. Are
there any sysex commands which can be used to set up the
midisport 8x8 patchbay?

Best regards

ce