[linux-audio-user] Re: [ardour-users] Delta 1010 .asoundrc

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 19:34:18 EET

On 4 March 2005 at 12:25, ross@email-addr-hidden wrote:

> What do you mean "optimal"? You should be able to load jack and
> ardour and have all the channels accessible at the indicated sampling
> rate.

Great. That's really what I'm after.

> I have a different Delta model, but the only thing in my
> .asoundrc is stuff for OSS emulation.

Hmm, I have a legacy OSS app. that I might want to use. I've done
the usual /etc/modprobe.conf stuff in the past with simpler sound
cards. Is your .asoundrc much different? I imagine so. I'd be
interested to see your .asoundrc, if that's OK. It'd be nice to get
it into the google-space & mailing list archives too.

> If you're trying to sync up two delta cards, that's probably totally
> different though ::-) Otherwise:

In my searching for an answer to .asoundrc I ran across several old
messages about syncing two 1010 units. I never found a post about
success with that tho. I don't think I'll buy a 2nd one until I know
that it'll work.

> jackstart -R -d alsa -d hw:0 -r 44100 ... other jack options ...
> ardour
>
> and you should be golden!

Very cool. Pretty much like my vanilla sound card.

Thanks....

--
Kevin