[linux-audio-user] Re: [ardour-users] Delta 1010 .asoundrc

From: <hanaghan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 20:15:30 EET

> On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 12:25:30 -0500, ross@email-addr-hidden <ross@email-addr-hidden>
> wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 10:34:17AM -0800, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Does anyone have a pointer to an .asoundrc file which enables a
>> Delta 1010 to work optimally with ardour? I've had a look here
>>
>> What do you mean "optimal"? You should be able to load jack and
>> ardour and have all the channels accessible at the indicated sampling
>> rate.
>
> In fact a .asoundrc file is not required at all. IMHO .asoudrc files
> probably get in the way of Ardour working correctly unless you really
> know what you're doing in there. (Which I don't...)

U are correct in that things will work without the .asoundrc but it's my
understanding that if you just use the "default" for alsa, you lose some
performance.(?) I don't recall exactly, but in using the GUI's (Qjackctl
and jackconnect or whatever it was) that I could not get the ports to show
untill I utilized the ICE1712 .asoundrc for a "hoontech" card that is
posted in the Alsa site, and set the port numbers to "0" in Qjackctl. Then
I got the 10/12 I/O's. Jan Depner pointed me there when I asked all the
same questions after buying my Delta 1010LT.