Re: [linux-audio-user] usb audio recommendation

From: Marcus Alessi Bittencourt <alessi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 05 2005 - 02:58:23 EET

> i've pretty much given up on getting my m-audio
> quattro working under linux. it works so well under
> windows, and so well priced. oh well.

        The quattro is reported to be functional under Linux. I myself
use usb audio in Linux (a 2-channel Edirol UA-5) with no problems. The
alsa driver is the very same for all usb audio device. My experience with
Linux usb has taught me to only hotplug the audio device, meaning: never
boot the machine with the usb device on. With your modules.conf and
.asoundrc well configured, always boot the machine without the usb device
and only after all is up and running turn on the audio interface. Wait a
minute and the card should be on on its own. It won't show on the oss
emulation mixers, but jack, audacity and such should be able to see it
under the appropriate device (hw:X or /dev/dspX).

MB

--
Marcus A. Bittencourt