Re: [linux-audio-user] dssi-vst won't recognise my instruments

From: Robert Persson <ireneshusband@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 05 2005 - 21:03:35 EET

I am using the same version of wine as you, Philippe - the Gentoo
wine-20050111 ebuild. And I am using dssi-0.9 and dssi-vst-0.3.1.

I have also noticed that when I first invoke any plugin with dssi-vst I get a
message like this:

*QUOTE*
bash-2.05b$ jack-dssi-host dssi-vst.so:Phibes.dll
RemoteVSTClient:
executing /usr/local/lib/dssi/dssi-vst/dssi-vst-scanner /tmp/rplugin_qry_uhHCbG
DSSI VST plugin scanner v0.3
Copyright (c) 2004 Chris Cannam - Fervent Software
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...
err:seh:start_debugger Couldn't start debugger ("debugger/winedbg 8 52") (2)
Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another debugger

jack-dssi-host: Error: Plugin label "Phibes.dll" not found in library
"dssi-vst.so"
*UNQUOTE*

This created a 4-byte file called ~/.dssi-vst/Phibes.dll.cache containing the
values (0x) c3 03 00 00.

"WINEDEBUG=+relay jack-dssi-host dssi-vst.so:Phibes.dll" doesn't produce any
output I understand, but I can post it anyway if that would be useful.

I have also found, using the same version of wine, that jack_fst instantly
segfaults no matter which plugin I am trying to call. Even plugins that
worked under whichever version of wine ships with SuSE 9.1 fail. I don't
know if this is related.

Given that we already know too well that the various VST wrappers available
are very fussy about which version of they will work with, would it not be
possible to install multiple versions of wine by calling all the libraries in
the additional versions new names, or simply giving them a different path
environment variable, and patching the VST wrappers to link against these
libraries instead of the current wine? Has anyone already done this?

Robert

On March 5, 2005 09:41 am, quoth Dubphil:

--
Robert Persson
ireneshusband@email-addr-hidden