Re: [linux-audio-user] usb audio recommendation

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 05 2005 - 22:21:56 EET

Hallo,
Jason Hanggi hat gesagt: // Jason Hanggi wrote:

> does anyone have any recommendations for a replacement
> card that works well under both windows and linux?
>
> requirements:
> alsa driver
> asio driver (for windows)
> at least 4in/4out analog
> MIDI in/out
> usb or firewire (i've got a laptop)
> moderately priced

Well, we cannot do a afull market research for you, so if you could
find some models you like yourself first, it's will be easier to get
some reports if those are working here.

Anyway, the only 4/4 USB1 device I know besides the Quattro is the
Audiotrak Maya 44. It doesn't have midi, but this shouldn't be a real
problem, as you can either get a seperate usb/midi thing (cheap) or
buy a midi controller which also supports USB (a bit more expensive,
but if you don't have a controller yet, it's a good deal.)

Ciao

             _ __latest track: fqdn _ http://footils.org/cms/show/38