Re: [linux-audio-user] realtime parameters ignored at Gentoo startup

From: Jack O'Quin <joq@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 09 2005 - 19:27:34 EET

james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net writes:
> Well, I do as suggested above, but I use:
>
> realtime any=1
>
> What's the significance of using mlock?

It enables programs to lock memory using the mlock() and mlockall()
system calls. Since mlock=1 is the default, leaving it off has no
effect. If you don't need to lock memory, setting mlock=0 will remove
that capability.

BTW, I recommend using the `gid' option instead of `any'. It provides
noticeably better security for very little extra effort.

--
  joq