Re: [linux-audio-user] Anyone interested in helping with melotron

From: Sean Bolton <musound@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 10 2005 - 18:51:55 EET

On Mar 9, 2005, at 6:06 PM, Mark Constable wrote:
> Along these lines, and this would help Julien, is anyone
> aware of any shell tools to deal with sf2 soundfonts ?
>
> I would be very interested in cooperating with anyone else
> that may be able to help build a set of command line sf2
> extraction and rebuild tools.

Takashi Iwai included two utilities in awesfx 0.4.2, one which
dumped the metadata of a SF2 to a text file, and another
which compiled the (possibly modified) text file and original
SF2 into a new SF2. With it you could make minor edits
to a soundfont from the command line. As-is, it's not going
to help build a soundfont from single wave files, but it
might be a great starting point for building such a tool.

-Sean